Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How Old Fashion Macaroni Salad


Image : http://www.flickr.com


I love the recipes of old-fashioned as I like to go back to basics sometimes. Here are some recipes for old fashion macaroni salads that are very good. These are the days when we never heard of "noodle." We had good old-fashioned macaroni salad. It 's still worth today. The first recipe below is what I can AF macaroni salad. The AF stands for Air Force U.S. Air Force. When I got married in the '60s during the Vietnam War, my husband was in the Air Force. Money was tight, and we got to eat, and I learned to cook with a very small grocery budget. In fact, all my friends husband very jealous of him. You see, I do not like the steak so that it could have been a once in a while even on a tight budget. This salad recipe was given days to me during this tight budget. It 's still a good recipe for those on a tight budget during our economic crisis.

AF MACARONI> Salad

I call it my recipe macaroni salad Air Force since 1960, to me recipe from a lady who was working in a restaurant in New Mexico, when I arrived there as a young bride in Air Force

2 cups cooked macaroni
1 / 2 cup diced Cheddar cheese
1 / 3 cup diced green pepper
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 / 2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 / 4 cup chopped mustard (or sweet taste of cucumber)
1 / 4 teaspoonSalt

Mix all ingredients together. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least a couple of hours before serving.

CLASSIC MAYO macaroni salad

1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 / 4 teaspoon pepper
8 oz macaroni, cooked, drained
1 cup celery, sliced
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 / 4 cup chopped onion

In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, preparedMustard, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Stir in the macaroni bell pepper and onion. Mix well. Cover bowl and refrigerate until serving.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment