Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kid-friendly dinner - macaroni and cheese made with love


Image : http://www.flickr.com


We all do not want a world safe and worry-free for us but for our children - and a healthy diet is a step, so that those dreams come true. Sorry, is being marketed with a lot of food available in the market, the "home made" words lose their meaning with "ready-to-eat and heat up the battle for food mixed with love.

Take, for example, macaroni and cheese. Growing up, I always thought that macaroni and cheese that I bought was more store. My mother never tome - was in a microwave and pop, that, until I learned to do it yourself. So for me, I always thought of branded mac and cheese.

Now that I have my children, I did some research on food I can feed him. To my surprise, there are several recipes on how to do - traditional recipes and some are even hand-me downs.

I tried to be a lot of them, but it must be one of the best I've tried. Because of my aunt (she has learned from hisMother-in-law), this was an instant hit with my children, especially my oldest, who was a very picky eater.

So here's the recipe (with my approval aunt).

Prepare the cheese sauce. Melt margarine in a quarter cup of low heat. Add back a quarter cup of flour and stir. Add 2 cups of milk slowly, stirring constantly. (This is so that there are small lumps of flour and margarine). Stirred further until it is smooth and thickened. Stir constantly so that theAt the bottom does not burn. Remove, take the pan from the heat. Stir in 3 cups of grated cheddar cheese. (Cheddar cheese has more flavor than other places.)

Cook the macaroni (3 cups) in boiling salted water or according to package directions. (If you are using a non-stick pan, a little 'oil so the pasta does not stick to the bottom or sides). Drain and combine with the cheese sauce mix evenly mixed. Add dashes of salt and pepper to taste.Transfer to a plate of 3 liters of cooking fireproof.

With a small separate bowl, 2 tablespoons melted margarine and a cup soft bread crumbs. Sprinkle the dough and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. When the cheese sauce is bubbly and the sauce a fresh and golden, it just means that it is ready.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment